Sonntag, 21. März 2010

GPS Review - TomTom ONE XL Widescreen Bluetooth GPS Navigator


Image : http://www.flickr.com


I've just had the chance to place my excited little hands around the new TomTom One XL. Previously a Garmin GPS fan I was determined to keep an open mind about whether the new TomTom One XL could live up to the hype. Well my GPS friends you will not be disappointed.

As you know previously I have only full endorsed two GPS's and they were the Garmin 350 & 660. Well now we have another winner to add to the list - the TomTom One XL.

This little beauty is equipped with a 4.3 inch screen and weighs in at 7.4 ounces. Apparently it is an upgraded version of the TomTom One 3.5 inch but since I haven't seen the former I can't say how alike they are.

The pixel definition is superb. All the map info is now stored on a tiny flash-drive inside the unit which makes for updating maps very easy.

Overall the reason that the TomTom has impressed me so much is that the screen clarity, auto zoom and screen refresh rate is flawless.

Now with all this excitement you would think that I'm about to propose marriage, but alas it is my duty to give you both the good and the bad on this little navigator and there are few areas where the function lets you down.

Most notably is that you are unable to see the names of the roads that are upcoming on your map until you are practically already on them. If you completely trust the system or are familiar with the roads in the area then that won't be a problem but if you are like me and need to know a few streets in advance what street name that you'll be turning at then that can be frustrating.

If you are a control freak like me then that one flaw might cause a bit of annoyance but overall I think the TomTom One XL is a winner.




Visit http://top10bestgps.com/ for the Top 10 Best GPS systems.

lingerie&sleepwear for teenagers Muscle BodyBuilding

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen